Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Chapel to the Hill

I complain often that my husband moved me, a purebred city girl, out to the country. You would think that the small city "folk" would be rushing to my door to give me apple pie and to "shoot the shit" out on the driveway, but I got no such welcome. Instead I got the cold shoulder and ugly stares. As if they have never seen big sunglasses and high heels before. Needless to say I do NOT fit in. I stick out like a sore thumb. I don't do dirt, sweat, or awful animal smells. I love make-up, perfume, purses, and shoes. Not to mention the closest shopping center is a Dollar Mart. Enough said. I need Target, Charlotte Russe, Hobby Lobby, and Ann Taylor in my life. I hate that it takes 40 minutes to get anywhere I need to go and I refuse to shop in Lewisburg! I probably sound like a snotty brat, but I can't help it. So with all that said I have been trying REALLY hard to see the positives of  all the things in the big chapel.

I found a love for "photography". I say that loosely. I am no photographer, but lately I am seeing things through my lens that I didn't see with my eye. Chapel Hill is SO beautiful. I guess I just didn't stop and take the time to look around.


The field next to our house gets pretty tall before they decide to bush hog it. P complains about it, but I don't because its full of pretty white flowers.










There are these really big purple blooms that pop up everywhere. If anyone knows what flower this is, I would love to find out. I'm sure its a weed, but it's still pretty.










 We had an unusual amount of snow this year. It was beautiful. 

I put this bird feeder our front for all the birdies. Patrick HATES it because the seeds cause weeds to grow under it. I don't care. I like the birds. This one came on this snow day. Sorry buddy, no seeds there!







This is our backyard. We have an acre and the back of our property runs up next to this field that has horses. I'm scared of them. That black one there is a MEANIE. P likes to pet them and feed them apples. I like to watch :)









There are many railroads out in Chapel Hill. Trains still run on them daily. We don't live close enough that we can hear them. Only if its first thing in the morning when its so silent that you can hear a faint blow of a whistle.

I cross this track everyday on my way to work. I stopped this morning and took this shot. I think its breathtaking.









Right before you get to the railroad track's I pass a small farmhouse that have three donkey's. I just love them. I don't know why. I'm scared of horses, but these guys I'm not afraid of. 

The morning's it rains, they are always huddled up under a big tree just soaking wet and I just want to love on them.

I've gotten in the habit of when they are at the fence line I stop and get out. This little guy always runs up to the fence so I can pet him. Ugh it melts my heart!

1 comment:

  1. The good thing about living in the country is getting to see all of this stuff. You could probably find a website with Tennessee wild flowers and match it up by a picture. There are so many pretty wild flowers that grow in TN. Especially, when you go in the middle of nowhere like McMinnville and Manchester.

    ReplyDelete