Tuesday, April 6, 2010

For Anna

Today my husband's cousin is going in for her double mastectomy. She is so young and this stirs up feelings from my own experiences.

I went to confession a couple weeks ago and Father Steiner said "God gives obsticals to the one's he loves the most. He doesn't give you anything you cannot handle and He does this because He loves us." He went on to say that if we look back Jesus always had a special place in his heart for the sick. He spent a lot of time with them, talking to them, healing them. God never cast them away he always brought them near and spent extra time with them. Father Steiner told me that we have sickness and disease because of sin. God suffered on the cross to forgive our sins and in our time of suffering, it's a time for us to be close to God.

I can't get that out of my head. I just felt like I needed to share that and pray.

God please be with Anna today. Give her strength, courage, and the grace to deal with this. Grant her peaceful sleep and be with her during her hours of silence. Make her ready for whatever it may be and give her a strong spirit. Be with her during her suffering and comfort her. Please be with the surgeons and guide their hands. Use them as your instrument. Watch over her and protect her. Be with our family and ease the worry. Bring peace in their hearts and remind them that you are in control.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment