Friday, February 19, 2010

2010 = Change

It's almost March. Where has the time gone? My life has been hectic since rolling in the new year. I don't usually set new year's resolutions as I never keep them. But this year I made several, enough to make up for all the years I never had one. They all fit under the category of striving to become a better person. It's not that I think I'm a bad person, it's just that there is always room for improvement. Time for change!

1) Push myself -I'm lazy and tend to quit whenever things get tough or uncomfortable. I feel like I don't finish anything I start.
2) Lose weight and exercise -I have a goal weight in mind and I MUST reach it. I'm in two wedding this year and I'm embarrassed of the way I look. I committed to Yoga once a week and I love it. I also signed myself up for two 5k runs this year. I need to get up off the couch and get moving. First 5k is April 11-See Spot Run- Deja will be my running partner. Second 5k May 1st- Cinco in the Gulch- Amber is my running partner (more to come I believe) First wedding is May 15th and the second is November 6th.
3) Read More -I used to LOVE to read. I did actually read 2 books last year, but I feel I need less TV and more literature. First book: The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. I have heard many good things about this book and always wanted to read it but never did. Now's the time.
4) Spend Less, Pay Off More -Our goal is to be debt free and live off cash. NO CREDIT CARDS! I really need to buckle down and get serious if we are even going to think about adding on to our family. Making a budget and sticking to it!
5) My Anxiety -I have a problem with anxiety. I really want to focus on letting things go that are out of my control. Letting myself realize that other people do not run off my schedule and to be more flexible. Not everything requires a plan detailing every minute of every day. I need to learn to relax. I need to work on the fact that just because something isn't done MY way that it doesn't mean it was done the WRONG way. Take deep breaths!

My hope that is by starting this blog that i can hold myself accountable and follow through with something. Use this as a tool of motivation. It's hard to see progress in your everyday life and this can be a way to track it, a way for me to see that I'm not doing this and getting nowhere. It will be my proof that what I do matters and I can change.

1 comment:

  1. I know you can do all of these things. I miss you hanging out with you on a regular basis. I don't know how I became so anti-social! Love you!

    ReplyDelete