Thursday, February 10, 2011

Catching Up

I'm such a bad blogger! I really try to update at least twice a week but lately that has not been happening.

Lets get everyone caught up:

I went for my routine OB checkup last Thursday so that I could finally do my glucose test. I was really dreading this as I was told how HORRIBLE the drink was. Okay guys, it really wasn't that bad. The nurse lady brought me out a lemon lime flavored one and I gave her a yucky face and she said "we have orange". Bring on the orange, I don't even like sprite so the lemon lime would have been super bad. The orange tasted like a melted orange Popsicle, you know the kind that come in the long plastic sleeve? Anywho it was so not bad, I actually kind of liked it.

Then I got to hear miss priss' heartbeat. Strong as ever! Then the doctor did a ultrasound. She said Lilah Roo was looking really good. I had been feeling lots of kicks and jabs in places I had never felt before and was curious as to where her head was located. It was down by the jay so that's good news. Hopefully she will stay like that!

The doctor asked me if I had been having any contractions and I thought that was a weird question to ask considering i was only 28 weeks at the time. I said "uh no, should I be" she laughed and said no you shouldn't i just wanted to make sure. Whew! Then she measured the ever growing belly, 30cm. I didn't know what the meant at the time but she measured again to make sure. She told me i was measuring big and that either I was further along than they thought or I was going to have a big baby. Eh she will just be a porker, I know EXACTLY when i got knocked up! But then she said that we would watch closely as she was already facing down in preperation for birth and the fact that I was measuring big. She said she was very likely to come early. I wont hold my breath!

My appointments now got bumped up to every two weeks. I go back on the 17th. I've gained 27 lbs so far (super big sad face) so P is forbidden to look at the scale anymore!!

I got a call yesterday with news of my lab results for the glucose. It was all G - double O - D, Good! She had also decided to check my thyroid again since it hadn't been checked in a while. That, on the other hand, was a disaster. They told me they were referring me to another Dr for that and made me an appointment for Tuesday. I'm still a little confused as to why I have to see another doctor concerning it, kinda makes me worried that something is wrong?? Or maybe its routine, I don't know. I had thyroid issues before but it was always maintained will with meds so I guess ill find out the dealio on Tuesday.

Now that I'm in the third trimester my energy level has dropped significantly (could have something to do with my thyroid too) I've started to become uncomfortable. It takes mucho effort to bend over, sit up, put socks on. It's ridiculous! I look at my belly and think gah im only 30 weeks how much bigger is it gunna get. I cant even imagine that it could get any bigger, but im fully aware that it will :(

I'm really trying to find things to keep me busy for the next 10 weeks as I'm already having anxiety about her getting here. I am so ready to see her beautiful face and kiss those chubby cheeks!

I have two baby showers coming up and I am so super excited. First is Feb 27th being thrown by my besties Crystal and Lisa. Then the second in March 27th being thrown by my three sisters. I'm so ready! Bring on the fun!

Okay this has gotten a bit long. Hope everyone feel super involved with all my goings on!

No comments:

Post a Comment