Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Crafty Ideas for Baby Lilah Faith

I first want to say that I am secretly THRILLED that the Husband and I are having a little girl. Don't get me wrong, I would have been just as excited with a little boy, but being such a girly girl that I am - it was fate that I have a little princess.

I've always been a crafty person. I love painting and making things. It comes naturally to me and I love being creative! So it's probably no surprise to anyone who knows me that I've started a craft "to make" list :)

I've looked into purchasing all these things, but I always feel like "I can totally make that" and then I have to do it just to prove that I can. Here are some of the things currently on my list:

Baby Leg Warmers:

Okay I know Miss Priss is due in April, but I thought what a fashion statement for her to wear a little onesie with a pair of leg warmers. So cute! Obviously I'm not the only one with this idea ;)

I've "Googled" the how to on this and have started my search for socks that I can transform into baby leg warmers!

Tutu Onesie

I was given a newborn onesie that had little ruffles on the bum and I thought, why not take it a step further and just create a onesie with a sewn on tutu? Totally girly and adorable, especially for some pictures! Something along the lines of this:


Embellished Onesie

I don't want to go too crazy with Lilah's wardrobe so I thought a couple embellished onesies that are more of an everyday style that aren't too flashy. Looks easy enough, just sew a ribbon at the rib cage. I don't want too many monogrammed outfits so this would be minus the name or inital.


Personalized Burp Cloths

I've seen other girls get these at baby showers and have always thought they were super adorable. They are made from plain old cloth diapers. You just add your personalization to it and then you have an adorable burp cloth.


Cute "Diaper Panties", as I call them :)

This one will be a toughy. I might have to breakdown and buy these as I have no clue how or where to find these. The personalization part wouldn't be difficult, but sewing/making the "panties" is way beyond my crafting skill!



Now the hunting begins to find my fabric and ribbons. I might need a quick lesson in sewing too, as I typically use my glue gun for everything.....

No comments:

Post a Comment